Jared Etzel, Domaine Roy & fils – Inside the Vintners Circle
You may not find him root-root-rooting for the home team, but you just might find him on Snapchat. It’s Jared Etzel, winemaker at Domaine Roy & fils!
Before meeting Oregon’s premiere winemakers in person at the event, get to know the 2017 ¡Salud! Vintners Circle winemakers just a little bit better.
- Right or left handed? Right.
- What is your current favorite restaurant? Ataula – Portland Oregon.
- Early bird or night owl? Night owl.
- Favorite beverage besides wine? Sparkling water with Lime.
- What movie can you watch over and over again? True Romance.
- Guiltiest pleasure? Jamon Iberico de belota.
- What is your favorite season? Summer.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A skater.
- If you could be any animal, what would you be and why? A Panda.
- If not winemaking, what career would you choose and why? Formula One Driver.
- Cats, dogs, fish, snakes, birds, pigs, dinosaurs? What type of pets do you have? No Pets.
- Favorite ice cream? Homemade hand churned hood strawberry.
- What word describes you best? Hedonist.
- What is your greatest accomplishment? I don’t have one yet, still waiting 😉
- What is your favorite food? Pizza.
- Where do you want to retire? I doubt I will retire.
- Where do you like to vacation? Spain.
- Who do you admire? Ghandi.
- If you were invisible, where would you go? The White House.
- What is your current favorite TV show to binge-watch? I don’t watch TV.
- What team is YOUR team? I don’t have a team .
- If today was your last day on Earth, what would your last meal be? Peking duck and pelymeni.
- What is your favorite holiday? Fourth Of July.
- What is the most used app on your phone? Snapchat
- What is the best costume you have ever worn? Hotdog.
- What book can you read over and over again? Confederacy of the dunces.
- If you could see any deceased musician perform, who would you choose? Antonio Vivaldi.
- If you could live at any time in history, when would it be? Now or in the future 100 years.
Join us at this year’s ¡Salud! on November 10 and 11 and get to know the Vintners Circle winemakers in person! Click here to purchase your tickets online. Don’t wait, tickets are selling quickly!