Did you know that 100% of the funding for ¡Salud! Services comes from ¡Salud! The Oregon Pinot Noir Auction and other donations? Your investment makes healthcare, education and year-round support for Oregon’s vineyard workers and their families possible, and we are so grateful. We’d like to share exactly how your help made a difference in 2018.
Mobile Wellness Clinics
May through September, these free clinics take place in the vineyard, or central winery locations via the ¡Salud! mobile unit, eliminating barriers to care many workers face such as transportation, cost and language. Wellness clinics are staffed by bi-lingual, bi-cultural employees of OHSU Tuality Healthcare and include screenings for cholesterol, blood glucose, blood pressure, body mass index and more. Wellness clinics allow us to develop relationships with workers, and learn their needs in order to serve them best.
Year-Round Support Services
- Case management to families and individuals by providing education, guidance, and support to clients and advocating for their needs within the healthcare system.
- Promote proactive health behaviors such as prenatal care, routine dental examinations and cleanings, and annual women’s health exams.
- Access to and delivery of primary care and other healthcare services including major medical, prenatal, dental, and vision.
- Help to establish and maintain working relationships with private healthcare providers to facilitate access to care, particularly in counties where community health centers are not available or services are not provided.
- Participation and collaboration with other partners to improve minority health in Oregon.