“Unique to Oregon, ¡Salud! is a collaborative effort founded in 1991 by a group of winery owners and physicians in an attempt to support the community of vineyard workers. A project of OHSU Health Hillsboro Medical Center, ¡Salud! addresses the healthcare hurdles these workers regularly encounter. The program now serves approximately 2,500 patients each year, and all vineyard workers and family members in the Willamette Valley are eligible to participate.”
“Since May 7, ¡Salud! has screened 400 farmworkers for Covid-19, with roughly four percent testing positive. (Only two have been hospitalized thus far and both are recovering at home.) Leda Garside, chief nurse at ¡Salud!, estimates that roughly 70 percent of the vineyard workers she sees do not have any other healthcare.”
- The Oregonian – ¡Salud! Auction announces venue changes for 2023
- $1.3 Million Raised – Record-breaking Success!
- Willamette Week’s Best of Portland 2022 Best Sips
- “E-Auction from ¡Salud! Donates Directly to Vineyard Workers” – Sip Northwest
- “Amid a Health Crisis, ¡Salud! Puts Farmworkers First” – Wine Enthusiast